Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A GIFTED TOY...(tame the monster within)

Hi
  Here is a short poem which I have composed and which is base (title poem) of the book.
 It describes feeling of a man, who finds himself ,suddenly,trapped under heavy feelings and mood swings
 It ultimately says, if you can treat your negative feelings and mood swings as a friend ,it will become easier for you to cope with them quickly.


       A GIFTED –TOY (tame the monster inside you)
I was rushing down the road.
Singing, jumping all along in joyous mood.
On a sharp corner, fogy day and far way.
I bumped into a monster blocking my way.
I was knocked down, bleeding on the road side,
The monster was laughing loud and wide,
I lay there for days unknown,
Woke up to see the rainy afternoon.
There were rains, lightning and thunder storm,
I had to lie there, why I don’t know,

Rain stopped and rainbow sighted
Birds seen flying, singing and delighted,
There was joy in all woods around
But I was scared, looking the monster around.
Few boys came around I did not say any thing but,
They lifted me up and took me to a hut.

I met my GURUJI, whom I know as my mentor
He gave me food, medicine and shelter,
He taught me the ways and means for
How to live happily once again
“Still I am scared GURUJI,” once I screamed
“I always see monster in my dream”
“Why do you think” said Guruji “Monster blocking you”
“It is now only inside you and you only are blocking you”
“Learn the ways and art of life”
Take the inner monster in your stride”
“Make it your best friend, O my boy”
It is a blessing in disguise and A GIFTED TOY.  

No comments:

Post a Comment